Ryan Erskine, SJVS Principal
Fax: (904) 547-8085
Welcome to St. Johns Virtual School!
St. Johns Virtual School is an online program of choice offered by the St. Johns County School District for grades k-12. We offer part time and full time enrollment. We offer enrollments from August until March of each school year. If students register before February they can carry their enrollments into the summer. Enrollments are through the FLVS platform but when registering, choose SJVS for the same quality content but with a local teacher from the #1 school district in the state of Florida.
St. Johns Virtual School is a virtual school where instruction is primarily provided in an online environment. Although students and teachers are separated by time and space, they work together to achieve high levels of learning. The virtual environment allows students to work on a flexible schedule and pace at the best time and place for them. The key to being successful in any virtual setting is to stay on or ahead of pace. Students that fall behind end up not retaining the information and can run the risk of failing.
St. Johns Virtual School brings together the best technologies, the best curriculum and most importantly, the best of St. Johns County teachers, who provide an incredible online experience for your child. We are always committed to educate your student in the best possible manner to achieve the highest levels of learning. Teachers and families work together to build relationships that allow for a personalized learning experience for each individual student.
Today, there are many learning options for students. These are some things that make St. Johns Virtual School different from other digital learning environments:
- We are a public school with the St. Johns County School district. All our teachers are local, providing multiple opportunities for face-to-face meetings with teachers and other virtual students.
- We are aligned to Florida Standards and use online resources, virtual lessons, teacher discussions, and a variety of assessment tools to help follow the course’s curriculum.
- As part of the online learning experience, virtual students will have the opportunity to attend live lessons with their academic teachers. Teachers will provide students and learning coaches with the dates and times for each course’s live lesson. Live lessons require active and engaging participation for all students.
- Starting in the 2022-2023 school year, SJVS is working with FLVS to ensure that the curriculum incorporates the new B.E.S.T. standards.
- SJVS is a program of choice. This means that each semester, SJVS will have an enrollment period for students who reside in St. Johns County, to apply to our program. Here Academic Acceptance team will look over each candidate to ensure that this unique situation is correct for your student.
SJVS expands the variety of academic opportunities for St. Johns County students and serves as one way to fulfill the online graduation requirement for Florida students. Students can work online anytime, any place.
Why St. Johns Virtual School?
- Open enrollment throughout the school year.
- Courses can be scheduled as part of a student’s regular school day OR beyond the school day.
- Students can work on their courses anytime and anywhere they like.
- Full-time students will have access to on campus interactions with peers and teachers.
- All instructors are Florida certified and employed by St. Johns County School District.
- Instructors available for parent conferences at schools.
- An “A” Rated School
- Nationally Recognized High School Program
- Program of Choice
- SJVS started to be built at Orange Street in the Fall of 2007. The first semester was held in the Spring of 2008. They had roughly 45 students, mostly home education students.
- SJVS currently has over 600 full-time students in our program and serves thousands of part-time and home education students in St. Johns County.
- On November 20, 2019, SJVS was able to reveal their new logo, the ram!!
- June 2020, named for the first-time as FLVS Small District of the Year.