Live Lessons Schedules
One of the benefits of being in the St. Johns Virtual School (SJVS) full-time program is that we offer dedicated times each week for your child to interact with teachers.
Each course has a set time where your teachers will go over the following:
- Items that were due the week before will be revisited in order to build upon what is due this week.
- Learning Scale
- Using Nearpod, teachers will be able to ask students where they believe they (student) are on the learning scale. Helps a teacher to then move forward or backward with the teaching sequence.
- A preview of what is due this week in the course. Will go over the basic items involved.
- Student Question and Answer time
- Great time after reviewing and going over what is due this week for students to have access to their teachers to ask questions, get clarification, or complete DBA’s etc. for that specific course.
*Please pay attention to where you see on the pacing chart Module Reviews and/or Discussion Based Assessments (DBA’s). Good opportunity to complete these with your teacher.
Elementary Live Lesson Schedule
We are moving forward with live lessons for Elementary to ensure that English Language Arts and Mathematics is covered each week. The live lessons for ELA and Math are going to be HIGHLY Recommended for our elementary students. Your teachers will provide the information for where each live lesson will be each week.
Added Bonus – Each Live lesson will involve working on one of the required assignments together.
Live Lessons Twice a Week
- Language Arts
- Grades 1-5— Mondays and Wednesdays 10:00 – 10:30am
- Kindergarten- Tuesdays 10:00 – 10: 30 am
- Grades 1-5– Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30am – 11:00am
- Kindergarten- Thursdays 10:00 – 10: 30 am
Will Receive Weekly Video
- Social Studies
- Physical Education (PE)
Middle and High School Live Lesson Schedule
Middle and high school students really benefited from having the ability to attend live lessons last year. But, many families ask why we brought on the use of live lessons. Let us go into what it means to have live lessons here at SJVS for middle and high school students.
- Not mandatory to attend but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- If you are working ahead, then we recommend these times as just good times to know your teacher will be available if you have questions or need a DBA conducted.
- Side Note: Teachers will also have each week, open office hours
- Remember, the great thing about being in a virtual setting, is the flexibility to work ahead. Flexible in virtual does not mean falling behind.
- Same time each week. If a holiday or day off for students occurs, there will not be a make up day.
- Great way to get direct teacher input. However, remember that SJVS is built upon the notion of student independence.
- Added Bonus – Each Live lesson will involve working together on an assignment, or address misunderstandings.